Saturday, February 14, 2015

Before time began...



Before time began, the Creator in his grand
Design, eons ahead, thought of you, and he planned
This specimen of Man: "I will make him handsome
And tall, give him a forelock for charm, smile winsome
And sweet, give him brains along with brawn -- he will be
Smart and strong, intelligent and thoughtful, and he
Will dream of the moon and sun while he walks the ground --
I will give him Apollo's image, dark hair crowned
With wreaths of ambition as with arrows and bow
He chases down rare thoughts to make real -- I bestow
Him with vigorous arms and chest and back to bear
Endeavors only he can attain -- nearly there:
To perfect him for her, his beauty's beholder,
I shall scatter some freckles across each shoulder."






--

Happy Valentine's Day! This first sonnet of mine was for my boyfriend.

And now for something foolishly mushy: I wrote this out for him last week and found it today folded up in the breast pocket of his jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment